My Fee is $600.
Most wedding ceremonies conducted by a Marriage Celebrant in Adelaide follow a standard format which can be personalized by adding your choice of music, hymns, readings…to name just a few.
This is a brief outline showing the running order of a wedding ceremony. Some of these points must be addressed by the Wedding Celebrant in order for your union to be legal. I have indicated these below using an asterisk*.
- Wedding Celebrant welcomes guests
- Wedding Celebrant introduces herself to the guests*
- Wedding Celebrant informs guests of her legal authority to marry the couple under Australian law*
- You may choose to have a special guest do a reading of your choice.
- Wedding Celebrant must inform the couple of the serious & legal binding nature of marriage by reciting words that are stipulated by the ‘Marriage Act’.*
Giving Away (optional)
- Wedding Celebrant asks the parents of the couple (and on behalf of the guests) to give their blessing.
- The Wedding Celebrant asks the couple if they have come together of their own free will*
- The couple say their vows. The words said can be chosen by the couple, however, certain legal words must be incorporated*.
- Rings are exchanged between the couple. This is usually accompanied by a small reading explain the symbolism.
Declaration of Marriage & the kiss
- Wedding Celebrant declares you as Husband & Wife, Husband & Husband or Wife & Wife. You may kiss.
Sign the register
- The couple, 2 chosen witnesses & celebrant need to sign the register*.
- Wedding Celebrant presents you as the happily married couple and asks the guests to congratulate you.
“Love is more than a feeling, its a state of mind”